Monday, January 6, 2014

EOS Lip Balms


If I could write a love letter, without it being socially unacceptable, to the makers of EOS, I probably would. EOS stands for Evolution Of Smooth. And they sure know what they're talking about.

EOS sells hand lotions, body creams, lip balms, and other bath and body essentials that a girl could possibly ever need. 

Owning enough lip balms and chapsticks to open a small boutique, I think I know what I'm talking about when I say that EOS has the best, and I mean the BEST, lip balm ever. I literally carry this egg-shaped ball of joy everywhere. 

Although they have an inconvenient shape for travel, they are worth the hassle. The egg-shaped lip balm can be quite bulky in a thin purse, and if you're like me, annoying to put in that tiny pocket that rests against your body. But, this can also be a good thing. The unique shape helps when items in your purse just seem to disappear to the ever-so-far bottom of your bag. As you reach your hand in your purse desperately trying to find that small tube of creamy goodness, the smallness of the package seems to, well, get smaller. I don't find that same problem with this product. I reach in, looking for the only egg-shaped thing there is, and tada! Right there! 

Okay, now for the individual reviews! I bought the pack of 5 different flavors from Costco for $10.99. Individually, the EOS lip balms usually sell for $3.29 a piece at most drugstores. EOS also has a website where their products can be purchased. Furthermore, the Sweet Mint EOS Lip Balm is featured on my Luvocracy for purchase as well as my Polyvore.


Sweet Mint EOS Lip Balm:






Okay this thing is amazing. It's my absolute favorite lip balm...ever. I think it's actually the only lip product I've ever finished. I repurchased it, too, before even starting some of the other flavors in the pack. The mint refreshes you and causes a nice, tingly feeling from the mint. But because it's sweet mint, it's not extremely minty that it's overpowering. I use this flavor whenever I have it on hand. It's also very long-lasting so I usually put this on before I go to bed.

Strawberry Sorbet EOS Lip Balm: 


This flavor has more of that typical strawberry lip balm flavor. So it has a very sweet flavor, but it's not too overdone like some other companies. It comes in a nice, baby pink color which looks very girly. It slides on nicely, but is a little sticky. This isn't a personal top pick between the flavors I have but I find myself reaching for it more in the spring or summer.

Honeysuckle Honeydew EOS Lip Balm:


I have to admit, when I first saw this flavor I was revolted. I'm not a picky when it comes to food, but honeydew melon isn't exactly my favorite fruit. I'm glad that I took the chance and used this product though. The flavor is more of just a sweet melon flavor rather than a specific flavor. It has a light scent that works in the spring. But I find myself using it as a second favorite to the Sweet Mint flavor. The container is a pastel green color.

Summer Fruit EOS Lip Balm:


Very similar to the Strawberry Sorbet flavor in the way that it is very sweet. I don't find it to be as sticky as the Strawberry Sorbet flavor though. It also has a peachy smell to it. It comes in a nice fruit-punch red color. Overall, I haven't used this product much but I would rate it better over the Strawberry Sorbet flavor.

Passion Fruit EOS Lip Balm:


Probably my least used flavor out of the five I own. It's a nice scent, but it can be a bit overpowering if you don't like fruity scents. The feel of it on your lips is very smooth and barely noticeable, but does give its intended smoothness. I actually think I might start using this flavor more often when I don't want something too prominent on my lips.

After all, I recommend this item to lip product enthusiasts. It does leave a slight shine on your lips that is noticeable, so I don't recommend it to the men out there. It has a place in my, probably, lifetime favorites.

See you in the next post,

Nina xx

P.S.

How was the style of my first review? Any changes you recommend? Leave comments, please!


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for giving this very useful information to us. appreciate your great work

    Lip Balm Wholesale Supplier

    ReplyDelete